Monday 15 October 2018

Navratri Celebration!!

Good morning love ones!!!

My last week was very busy , lots of shopping and preparation for "Navratri Festival".
I would like to give you brief about this  auspicious festival in India.
The word "Navaratri" is a conjunction of two words "nava" (meaning "nine") and "ratri" (meaning "night"). Spread over 9 nights and 10 days, it is one of the most sacred festivals in Hinduism where we worship Goddess Durga or Shakti, which represents the energy of the universe, in her 9 beautiful forms with great reverence. There are various reasons why Navratri is celebrated, and each has its own significance in different parts of India. 
Main attraction of this festival is "playing Garba", it is one form of Indian dance, which originated in the state of Gujarat in IndiaThe girls dress themselves in the colorful traditional "ghagracholis" and boys in the beautiful "kurta pajamas". People of all ages gather together at a place where the Garbha Dance or DandiyaRass is organized. 
So today i am showing you my "Garba look".Actually what i am wearing  is called "Lengha " . I bought this on my siste's wedding. you won't believe its 18 year old dress. but sill i love it. I made some minor changes in it and wore on "Garba night". i opt for complete traditional look ,ethnic look,with golden jewelry, Hairstyle and all. 
I know its too much Indian look, hope you all like it. As in India we are celebrating many festivals back to back.
On this occasion, I would like to wish you all happy life with lots of best wishes!! Take care of your self.



















15 comments:

  1. nice look, lovely pics, have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! Love the color od your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ma che meraviglia! Buona giornata.
    sinforosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gioielli sono meravigliosi e mi piace molto anche il vestito. I capelli , raccolti con la ghierlanda di fiori ti stanno benissimo. Saluti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Indian and very beautiful!!!!! :)
    You have a stunning smile, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the details. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post darling :))

    New post
    https://prettylittleadrianna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful
    The festival looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Estas guapĂ­sima. Felices fiestas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an amazing post :) I love your look and because I don't know a lot about Indian culture I really enjoyed learning something new about your culture :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely outfit and what a beautiful festival and tradition!!

    ReplyDelete