Saturday 14 November 2020

Diwali 2020-Red Chiffon Saree

 Wish you all a very Happy Diwali!!


Sorry for my absence for such a long time. Honestly, I didn't have anything new to showcase on the blog. But now its Diwali, I did some shopping and am back.

Diwali, or Dipawali, is India's biggest and most important holiday of the year. The festival gets its name from the row of clay lamps that Indians light outside their homes to symbolize the inner light that protects from spiritual darkness. This festival is as important to Hindus as the Christmas holiday is to Christians. In the Hindu religion, it’s a time to honor the gods and goddesses, especially the goddess Lakshmi, who is believed to step inside your home if it is clean. Families will clean their homes and buy new clothes. Businesses settle up their accounts and get their finances in order for the new year.

So it's a ritual to buy new clothes. I bought this Red Chiffon Saree from Amazon. Red is auspicious for the festive season. Especially Diwali. I like this saree. Easy to wear and lightweight to carry. Its printed blouse is something  I like very much. It's a bright color. I generally don't buy such colors, but this time thought to buy red. Plane red saree with printed green border the same as a blouse.  I paired it with heavy dangling earrings. Basic makeup, quite dark of lipstick, Smoky eyes with Kajal. In some pics, I wore a bindi and a necklace too. On Diwali, I made a bun on hair and decorate it with garland. 

So guys have a look and let me know how do you like my traditional look. Keep posting your views, I would love to read.

Till then stay safe and take care of yourself and your loved ones.








































30 comments:

  1. Bellissimo, grazie per regalarci un attimo di bellezza e leggerezza. Buona domenica e riguardati.
    sinforosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress! Awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molto bello, mi piacciono anche i gioielli che vi hai abbinato. Stanno molto bene insieme. Saluti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Diwali, it was so nice to learn a little more about the festival. You look lovely, the red really does suit you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Diwali dear, and thank you so much.

      Delete
  6. Yo te veo muy bien, me ha encantado tu sari rojo. Besos y feliz día.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful! I like this color ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read a lot about Diwali and it seems to be a gorgeous holiday.
    You look so perfect in this outfit.
    Happy Diwali. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear, yes it is festival of lights and happiness. Happy Diwali:)

      Delete
  9. Happy Diwali! Un abbraccio
    enrico

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Happy Diwali dear and thank you so much.

      Delete
  11. Spero tu abbia potuto divertirti durante il Diwali senza la preoccupazione della pandemia.
    Un abbraccio
    enrico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was nice celebration at home. thank you!

      Delete