Sunday 26 November 2023

Goa Solo Trip- part 2; Navigating the Waves of Solo Travel

 Good Morning Pals,

Hope you all are doing well. In my last post, I shared the exhilarating experience of surfing on the vibrant beaches of Goa. However, every journey has its highs and lows, and in the spirit of transparency, I feel to share one of the challenging moments during my solo trip.

While exploring the picturesque landscapes of Goa, I encountered a disconcerting situation that served as a stark reminder of the misconceptions surrounding solo travel. During my stay, I reconnected with an old friend living in Goa, a person with whom I had maintained social media ties. He was married with two children, and due to work commitments, he resided alone in the city. The prospect of exploring the local culture with someone familiar seemed appealing, so I agreed to meet up.

However, what unfolded was an uncomfortable encounter that left me questioning the boundaries of friendship and the assumptions people make about solo travelers. Despite being married, my friend seemingly saw my solo status as an opportunity for something more. He not only invited me to stay with him but also hinted at indulging in activities he clearly wanted to keep hidden from others. I appreciate the tour of the city that he provided, and I am genuinely thankful for the local insights. Yet, the discomfort arising from his inappropriate advances tarnished what could have been a positive experience. It left me pondering whether my decision to embark on a solo journey inadvertently conveyed a message that I was open to such advances. It's disheartening to think that solo travelers, especially women, may be perceived as more accessible or willing to engage in intimate encounters. The assumption that one's independence implies a readiness for romantic involvement is not only unfair but also perpetuates harmful stereotypes. Traveling alone is an empowering choice, allowing individuals to explore new horizons, meet diverse people, and grow personally. It does not signal a willingness to compromise personal boundaries or engage in situations that make one uncomfortable.

In sharing this experience, my hope is to shed light on the challenges that solo travelers may face, encouraging a broader conversation about the need for mutual respect and understanding in the realm of travel, regardless of one's chosen path.

This was my other side of the solo trip, along with this I would like to share a few pictures of this trip. Hope you will read my blog and comment on it.

Till then take care of yourself and the people around you, who always check on you.






























20 comments:

  1. lovely pics, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai ragione, ti capisco !! Purtroppo gli uomini pensano che , una donna che gira da sola, sia una donna facile e sono pronti subito ad approfittarsene !!Mi spiace che, questo fatto, abbia, in parte , rovinato il tuo viaggio. Le foto sono molto belle !! Saluti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, yes many men still have this thinking.

      Delete
  3. Nice photos!! Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice shots, thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No no and yet again NO!
    Solo travelling doesn't give others permission to assume anything about you. It's not your problem, it's theirs!!! Some people still haven't learned thet women are separate identities and don't need to hang on a man all the time!!!
    Nice photoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my post, it matters a lot. This is the problem with many men.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry that happened. What a scary situation. The fact that this person thought you would be willing to do something simply because you were travelling alone? That is not okay at all. I really hope you are okay and can find ways to restore your sense of safety now that you are home again. I appreciate you sharing this part of your trip as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, yes i am safe at home after my trip.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous Dress, it suits you very well. Glad to hear you are at home and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sí, todavía siguen pensando así. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pics 😍.Glad for you. that you at home and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete